THE NARROW WAY — The Road Less Traveled — A CHOICE TO MAKE!

image source: /www.freeimages.com/photo/decision-1448155

Travelers,

An old post with now implications...
This Week's Blog Topic: The Road Less Traveled
from December 8, 2009

I had a conversation with a stranger in the BMV this morning. We spoke briefly about how we both observe that people just go along with the status quo, never challenging what's in front of them. Never taking the time, or making the effort to examine beyond what is told to them, or what appears to be popular. Following blindly down roads that appear to lead to popular places, people and things, with no thought about the outcome.
While I sat here in front of my computer, feeling the need to blog, Robert Frost's poem entitled "The Road Less Traveled came to mind." I've read the poem several times and many theories can be derived about what the writer meant, implied, inferred, and a host of other analytical and literary terms.

The poem in its entirety reads:

The Road Less Traveled
by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Today this poem has a new meaning, a new revelation for me. I'm not quite sure what Robert Frost was thinking, but the thought that came to mind is that in THIS PARTICULAR SEASON and at THIS PARTICULAR HOUR we are at an intersection (CROSS ROADS) that branches off into two opposite directions. The time is at hand to choose which path we will take. We can't venture down both at the same time, hence a choice is inevitable. Not choosing is not an option, as no choice is still a decision — an implied decision to remain in the same place, in the same state.

I'm led to recall and recite the scripture reference in Joshua 24:15 that states "... choose you this day whom ye will serve...". God is calling us to make a choice; we will either live for Him, or live at enmity with Him. It's not enough just to give lip service, to act as if, the choice is a conscious decision to follow the rules of the road.

Though there is uncertainty associated with both roads, we know that the road of truth is the one that leads us straight to Our Father.

Ironically enough, this blog was fostered out of my morning BMV experience, yet is so relevant. When we venture unto a road there are rules, instructions, guidelines, that we must follow. When we are in violation of these rules, we are faced with penalties and consequences.

Even more ironically, when we get caught it's not usually the first time we were in violation. It's just the first time we got caught. The first "known" offense is generally a warning or a fine, but repeat offenders adamant to continue to defy the law, suffer more severe consequences; which can ultimately lead to court appearances, license revoke and/or incarceration depending on the severity of the offense. Some road experiences can even lead to death - of self and/or of others or both!

In our society, as we know it today, the road to God, to salvation, to following Him with your whole heart, in your walk, not just your talk is indeed the "Road Less Traveled, " and there are consequences for choosing this road. Friends and family may forsake you. You won't be the most popular, you will be rejected and may be subjected to the unimaginable. Though the road may not be as attractive as the alternate, it is the one that leads to life, peace, abundance and manifold favor and blessings that are eternal in nature. It is the road of promise.

Though rough at times, the assurance is that while we walk in truth, though we may stumble, though we may even fall, we still walk on purpose to our appointed destiny. Along this road, there are curves, warning signs, stop signs, informational signs, under construction signs, detours and other roadside indicators that assist us while we are on our way.

Yet as the writer concludes and so will I... " I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

Which road will you choose? Who will you choose to serve this day?

A traveler,
~Deneen
A Woman Assigned!

Comments

  1. Traveler Deneen, I have also decided to take the less traveled road. I realize that my walk, the path and journey God has chosen for me, has indeed had its warning signs, detours and its stops along the way. I have stumble upon malfunctions, defects, wrong turns and I was even met with casualties. However, I will travel this road.I know He travels with me, making sure that at each warning sign, detour, stops, malfunctions, defects, wrong turns and casualties He is with me, uplifting me, guiding me, embracing me and steering me toward Him. I LOVE THE LORD!

    Hope Hollinsworth Coaxum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the road less traveled is more painful.

    However, it has more revelation of the secrets of God.

    To understand the Lord, we must go where He goes, and feel what He feels.

    Our heart must break with His, and in that our hearts beat together.

    marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Deneen. Good to hear from you again. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dee thanks so much for the greeting. Praying all us well with you and yours. Blessings... in Yahushua!

      Delete
  4. Hello Deneen. Good to hear from you again. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In Spite of Me

NOT ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER — The End of Institutional Oppression

O' Israel, O' Israel, Our Elohim Hath Spoken!