It's the Little Things...

Hello Everyone. Someone. Just one.

Today is Freedom Friday and I am indeed FREE. It's been a couple of weeks since my last blog, and although I've been away, I am still under the will of God. We are in the midst of yet another awesome day and living in a season where God is indeed up to something. He's always up to something, but I just believe that He is working out some miracles and wonders on behalf of the saints. I just appreciate how AWESOME God truly is. I've been engulfed in a season of sheer gratitude for what He has already done, what He is doing, what He is going to do; what He has promised to do.

This week's blog topic is It's the Little Things...

This is indeed where I am in my journey. I feel that I am in a place where God is fine tuning me and perfecting a "perfect" work in me. He's surfacing and addressing the little things, the not so obvious things, the minute details, the sum of the parts that create the whole that brings it all full circle.

Through His revelation, here's a comparative illustration:

Think about a potter and the potter's wheel. From a spiritual perspective, we know that God is the Potter and we are the clay, but I would like to use a natural example for spiritual clarification.

A potter will take a lump of clay, place it on the wheel and begin to mold and sculpt the clay so that it begins to take on a form and shape. The intended masterpiece begins to immediately take form and becomes identifiable in a general sense, whether it's a bowl or a vase (for example), we begin to see the direction, the vision of the artist.

I'm sure that there is a basic pattern or procedure in place that the potter emulates when he begins each new piece. I envision the potter setting the foundation for each creation in a general sense and setting it aside until he's ready to refine the begun work. He then repositions the piece back on the potters wheel and begins to shape out the details of this masterpiece, fine tuning and carving out the intricate particulars and adding elements that will make this creation one-of-a-kind; UNIQUE.


The bible states "But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." ~ Isaiah 64:8

God begins a work in us, as the Divine Potter. He begins to shape us into basic creations, formed by His hands, and continues to refine us, define us, and carve us into His perfect work, hand-made masterpieces. We have the touch of the Master over our lives and His hand guides and molds us into His unique creations, molded to His vision of what He has destined us to become.

We often times miss the move of God because we tend to focus on the "BIG" things, but God is just as sovereign in the smallest of details.

So I employ you to embrace the little things. See God's awesomeness in the smallest of instances, the things we usually take for granted, as it is in the "Little Things" that God does His best work.

So the next time you enter a store and see hand crafted items on display, think about the work, that went into that creation... and relate it back to self. Make it personal.

It's in the Little Things!

Gratefully yours,
~ Deneen
A Woman Assigned

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Spite of Me

NOT ONE STONE UPON ANOTHER — The End of Institutional Oppression

O' Israel, O' Israel, Our Elohim Hath Spoken!